The Network Music Festival is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Network Music Festival may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 6 April 2014.
What Information We Collect
We may collect the following information from artists who submit to our open call:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as country, postcode, gender and race or ethnicity
If we collect this information, it will be via an online form linked from this website. It will only be collated if freely given by you by submitting to our open call.
What We Do with the Information
We require contact information to in order to contact you, with regards to your submission to the open call. We collect demographic data for the following reasons:
- We may use your data to generate anonymised statistics to assess how successful we have been at reaching various communities.
- We may use your data to ensure our programming best represents the diversity of artists working in Network Music in the UK and internationally.
- We may share anonymised statistics about open call response and programming with funding bodies.
Your demographic information will not be shared with any of our reviewers.
Your data will be stored in Google Drive and Dropbox. It may also be sent to curators via email.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Disclosing demographic information is always optional.
- If you have previously provided us with any information for the open call, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Data Protection’ in the subject line.